[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini engine maya farm licensing

Robert Magee rmagee at sidefx.com
Wed Sep 24 12:04:47 EDT 2014

If you are setting up a studio with farm then you would want to look at our Local Access (Floating) Licenses of Houdini Engine which you can see here:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=385&Itemid=190 (at the bottom)

There is volume discounting as your pool of licenses grows.

Each Houdini Engine license can then be used in three different ways:

- to run Houdini Engine interactively inside another application
- to run Houdini Engine on the farm inside another application
- to run Houdini Batch [command-line Houdini] on the farm

Because the licenses have multiple uses, you will be able to build up a pool of Engine licenses to meet all of your needs.

Robert

PS - note that if Maya has the Houdini Engine plug-in installed, the HE license is NOT pulled when Maya is launched. It is pulled when a Houdini Digital Asset is loaded and needs to cooked. The license is then held until you quit.