[Sidefx-houdini-list] Layered shaders in shop

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 05:30:02 EDT 2014

As Peter said you don't have coshaders in VEX.
Appart from this, which I doubt how useful it will be, many studios are now
getting away of the coshaders workflow for many reasons, for  a shader I
think a prebuilt one with 3/5 layers is enough for 99.9% of the looks.
So honestly, I am not sure if the overhead and development needed to have
coshaders are worth.
Can you get your inhouse shader extend to support 3 layers?
Before getting coshaders I prefer that SESI provides a better surface
shader, a layered version and improve the multi inputs dialogues so you can
drag and drop and reorder all the different entries and get a kind of
photoshop layering mechanism.
Coshaders can wait ....

Un saludo
Best Regards