[Sidefx-houdini-list] alembic. houdini-maya

Jordan Halsey jordanhalsey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 11:37:39 EDT 2014

Not sure what you mean when you say that it divides the geo in Maya.
Normals come into Maya fine, just make sure you have a facet sop with Post
Compute Normals on,  and a vertex sop with the cusp attribute on if you
need it.

Usually at the end of my chain, I will have an attribute sop, where I
delete all unneeded attributes, a group sop with grouping turned off and in
the edit > delete section I delete any unneeded groups( especially groups
like @piece), a facet, a fuse and then a vertex. After the vertex will be
the name sop clicked on.

I use this workflow all the time and have no issues. I have noticed weird
behavior in Maya when re-importing an alembic archive that has changed but
has the same name. Version up. Also sometimes in Maya  you need to unlock
the Normals.

*Jordan Halsey*
*maya | houdini | nuke | ae*
*www.jordanhalsey.com <http://www.jordanhalsey.com>*