[Sidefx-houdini-list] alembic. houdini-maya

Beatriz Lorenzo bealobo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 01:34:28 EDT 2014

Thank you very much for your answer.

The partition method doesn´t really work because it divides the geo in
maya, and somehow the normals don´t look good (think a subdivided edge of a
box). Normals... another thing that I cannot really export, but that´s less
of an issue.
Topology is changing too, to add a bit of suspense, could be the reason why
the normals are not there.

- So I´m left with the alembicROP from Imre that seems a bit complex? to
install. It´ll export v as color. So it could potentially work.
- Or using the SOuP plugin in maya, which I tried without success (not so
skilled in maya).
- A dodgy workaround based on selecting faces from the uv map but haven´t
tested it through.
- Cd as vertex outputs something like a ColorSet... ???
- Will try the realflow plugin for sure.

Any info on any of this appreciated. I assumed this was going to be easily
done as passing attributes around is common grounds.
Anyway! Thanks a lot in advance.

Beatriz Lorenzo aka bealobo