[Sidefx-houdini-list] Extreme beveling?

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 13:36:33 EDT 2014

By the way, I do realize I can do the old school beveling with the Extrude SOP and a cross-section for my particular application - which is likely what my solution will end up being to maintain flexibility and quality.  But it isn't ideal since it only bevels ‘out' from the front face and makes the whole font ‘thicker’, rather than (conceptually) ‘eroding’ into that front edge.

Also the PolyBevel SOP could be so much more useful in more complex situations if it handled this overlappint better, so was wondering if anyone had any tricks.

Cheers,

Craig

Sent from Windows Mail