[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra farm rendering to server killing network, ideas?

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:52:08 EDT 2014

Hey Matt,

Hope things are well.

If I am not mistaken we had a similar issue  at that place where they
emulated those freezing temperatures Mumble, Sven and all them had to face
for us artists at our desks despite the fact of us working in Sydney ;)
I can't quite remember the exact reason then nor the exact solution but we
- the volumetrics team - caused heavy filer loads with some renders/sims as
well and had to fix a similar issue.  I believe it had more to do with
heavy read/write access rather then filesize.  I THINK the solution was a
tick box on render submission telling the farm to write to the blade's
local storage first and then triggering a separate job to copy the finished
file over to its final destination afterwards.  If you are in touch with
DanB he probably remembers more in depth.  Also I think Matt Ebb would too
:).  Good luck and have fun.
Cheers
Ron