[Sidefx-houdini-list] Migration to houdini - Overall cost to company

Jordi Bares jordibares at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:49:17 EDT 2014

Hi Sandy, great to hear from you.

The best thing will be to get a Houdini artist with experience to guide you and "architect" your pipeline and render needs as will save tons of time and allow you to grow.

Mantra may not be as efficient with memory as Arnold but I can tell you pretty much here at Realise everything renders with LESS than 16Gb of ram and we have had the opportunity to really push big stuff through the farm.

Shader optimisation is a major point and of course you will start later tinkering with rendering parameters and what not so again, if possible, get a houdini artist to help you out and you will save tons on render licenses ;-)

Hope it helps

Jordi Bares
jordibares at gmail.com