[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOM frameSelected() homeSelected() not working as expected

Alvaro Castaneda varomix at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:53:53 EDT 2014

Hi

I'm trying to frame or home on a selected object from HOM, python code and
is not working as expected, if frames the whole scene instead of framing
the selected object
is it just me? currently testing on windows

How to test

1.- create a new Houdini scene
2.- create a few objects and move them all over the place to test
3.- Open a Python shell and type
*view = hou.ui.paneTabOfType(hou.paneTabType.SceneViewer).curViewport()*
that will give you the reference to the viewport.

4.- in the python shell type *view.home()*  it should home you viewport as
if you pressed *spacebar+H*
5.- move the camera to a weird place, select one of the objects in the
network view and now type this
*view.frameSelected()*

 not what you expected? me either, I expected the behavior of pressing
*spacebar+Shift+F*

 if you try *view.homeSelected()*
it will give you the same result as spacebar+A, which is Home All

I'm I doing this wrong? I'm missing something?

please Help

THANKS!!!!