[Sidefx-houdini-list] Static Boost.Python on Windows

Frederic Servant frederic.servant at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:31:15 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

- Are the dll's and .pyd files in the same directory (in the PYTHON_PATH)
> as the .py and .pyc files?

I'm trying to do a static build, so no boost .dlls here, just a pyd, that
is in the PYTHONPATH. It works fine on Linux, just not on Windows.

> - are you building with the same version of boost that Houdini ships with?

Yes.

> - which python did you build against? The one Houdini ships with - or a
> system python? (Check Python environment?)

I am building and linking against Python that ships with Houdini, and I
have to build separate modules for each Python version that ships with a
particular build of Houdini.

> I built PIL recently on windows (with mingw) and that worked. Not exactly
> sure if these apply to a boost.python build though...

I kind of gave up boost.python for now, and I'm trying my luck with SWIG.

> Good Luck!

Fred