[Sidefx-houdini-list] hou.node('foo').moveToNotVerryGoodPosition()

Jeff Lait jlait at sidefx.com
Tue Mar 4 14:26:07 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 07:57:19AM +1100, Robert Kelly wrote:
> hou.node('foo').moveToNotVerryGoodPosition()
>
> dose anyone have a suggestion for a better alternitive to
> moveToGoodPosition() function? i am making a network that is a mess as i do
> this.
>
> a scripted way of doing the keyboard shortcut for "L" or "shift L" would be
> an improvement. my last thought was to make a tempory representation in
> vops and solve it then move the nodes to those positions. that could be
> interesting. But not exactly billable hours.

    Assume we are adding nodes to the node "parent":

initnodes = set(parent.children())

... add lots of nodes to parent ...

finalnodes = set(parent.children())
netnewnodes = list(finalnodes - initnodes)
parent.layoutChildren(netnewnodes)

    You probably still need to invoke a Move To Bad Position on the
nodes you added to get them close to the right location.
--
        - Jeff Lait