[Sidefx-houdini-list] Renderoing OpenGL node from command line

Sandy Sutherland sandy at sunrise.co.za
Tue Jun 24 03:06:26 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Is this possible?  We are investigating offloading captures for
approvals to our farm.  I know you would need an OpenGL card, so it
would be submitted to the workstations that come online at night.

If I try this in a terminal on my workstation, I get the following error
message -

'No Protocol specified, Cannot open the myDisplay, Is your DISPLAY
environment variable set?'

Any ideas?  I have googled it, but nothing worthwhile came up, hoping
someone else has tried this.

Thanks

Sandy

--
*Sandy Sutherland*
CG/Technical Supervisor

--

*Sunrise Productions  *|  *web. *www.sunrise.co.za  *  *tel.* +27 21 702
0817

Please note that all content in this email is strictly confidential and is
not to be distributed, disseminated or dispersed in any way. It is intended
for the recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please
contact us immediately and delete the original.