[Sidefx-houdini-list] rand() function in HDK

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:55:27 EDT 2014

Hello.
I am looking for the equivalent of the rand(value) expression in HDK,
basically to get a persistent random value based on a parameter.
So something like rand($ID) .
I have seen that more or less all random stuff in the HDK is based on
SYSfastRandom(seed) and similar functions.
Problem with that function is if I call it twice with the same seed it
returns different values, so it is the usual random generator.
I need something that has a seed and creates a persistent sequence of
random values, so every time I use it with the id attribute to get random
numbers it returns the same values.
Anybody knows how to do this in the HDK?

Thanks

--
Un saludo
Best Regards