[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ocean surface with flip sim

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Mon Jun 2 03:50:32 EDT 2014

Hi Francois,

I render the FLIP surface and the procedural ocean separately and blend
between them in comp. I've found that you need to isolate the top
surface of the FLIP mesh and blend it around the edges towards the
procedural ocean to create an invisible seamless blend. I don't know how
experienced you are in Houdini, but if this blows your mind I happen to
currently teach a Houdini course called hou211-Ocean FX at
www.fxphd.com, which tackles exactly this situation.

Cheers,
Nick, be Nimble
-- 2014 the year where things become clearer --
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble