[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to force all materials to be dump into IFD

jiversen jiversen at rhythm.com
Wed Jan 22 20:50:07 EST 2014

Coincidentally, we found the "Declare All SHOPs" feature wasn't
outputting a complete material definition very recently, and SESI have
fixed this issue just today:

 From our Bug:

In the attached file we have a box, assign a constant shader, pack the geometry and then render.  If you render the file as is, using a shader assignment to a node in /shop, the box should render cyanish.

If you jump into geo1 and change the switch to the 2nd input, rendering using a shader in a material subnet /shop/test/ the box will now render grey.  Looking at the ifd it seems this is because Declare All Shops seems to only want to dump /shop/test, which isn't really a shader to the ifd, instead of /shop/test/const which is what is actually needed.

If you then turn on the grid object which has explicitly set to /shop/test/const and render, the box and grid will both render properly since the other geometry forces the correct definition into the ifd.

Comments:
2014-01-22 12:55:55 (EST): bugdb:
	Fixed in Houdini 13.0.301

Perhaps this fix will help you too?