[Sidefx-houdini-list] using Alembic to manage Delay loads.

Premamurti Paetsch premamurti.paetsch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 03:00:05 EST 2014

Hi Robert,

H13 comes with an Alembic delayed load, which behaves very similar to the
native one. There are plenty of options directly on the procedural itself,
reducing the need to tweak geo directly and render .abc files straight
away. It interprets and allows for remapping of attributes that are applied
at export. This should come in very handy for streamlining exchange between
apps and minimise the number of caching steps. It's also really fast when
reading off disk :)

What other geo management were you thinking of?

Cheers,
Prema