[Sidefx-houdini-list] Flip collision in normal direction only?

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Mon Feb 24 07:38:36 EST 2014

Hi Dominik,

How about splitting it into two simulations? You can source the fluid
from your desired location outside the sphere, when particles collide
with the sphere you kill them. Then in SOP's you build a new source from
the particles that die on the current frame, but slightly displaced by
the normal of the sphere, so they are inside. Then in the second
simulation you can source from those points and have this fluid collide
with the inside of the sphere.
The cool thing about this, is that it can work in any situation with any
piece of enclosed geometry :-)

Cheers,
Nick, be Nimble
-- 2014 the year where things become clearer --
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble