[Sidefx-houdini-list] Question about hou.ui.displayMessage()

Dominik Kirouac dk at shedmtl.com
Fri Feb 14 14:02:15 EST 2014

I have some problemes with this command --- hou.ui.displayMessage() ---
the close_choice doesn't seem to work.

If I  skip it, the message window work, but I can't escape or close the
dialog box.

If I set it to None it ask me for an int.
If set it as an int, it works like if I had skip this argument in the
expression, I can't escape or close the dialog box.

anyone can shed some light on this.

Here the error msg

 >>> hou.ui.displayMessage("Select Pipeline Step", buttons= ("R&D",
"Shot",), default_choice = 1 , close_choice=None, help = None ,
title="Pipeline Step",details=None, details_expanded=False)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
   File
"C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.314/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line
58835, in displayMessage
     return _hou.ui_displayMessage(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: in method 'ui_displayMessage', argument 6 of type 'int'

thanks

*Dominik Kirouac // SHED **
*FX Artist
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E Étage MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>