[Sidefx-houdini-list] Create attribute (primuv, primnum) similar to scatter sop does?

Dominik Kirouac dk at shedmtl.com
Wed Feb 12 15:03:14 EST 2014

Hey all,

Here is the problem, we have curves (hairguides) import from another
software(xsi) with alembic. We create a group of points with the root of
each hair and we are trying to make this group stick to the deforming
geometry.

I want to replicated one of the behavior of the scatter sop(create
primuv attribute on points and primnum).

Is there a way we can get these informations from the closest geometry
using a ray sop or expressions ?

Thanks

*Dominik Kirouac // SHED **
*FX Artist
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E Étage MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>