[Sidefx-houdini-list] Resolving path names

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:10:39 EST 2014

One of the challenges with baking is that you typically want to expand
everything - except $F variants. Often that means you need to do your own
explicit variable substitution on the unexpanded path.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/hom/hou/Parm#unexpandedString

As far as getting all instances of a node, this works:

http://www.houdinitoolbox.com/houdini.php?asset=47

And this can be useful:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.1/hom/hou/Node#recursiveGlob

Then usually getting any park that is a string template type, and which
contains the letters "ile" will get you the file paths parks to be baked.

Cheers