[Sidefx-houdini-list] Resolving path names

steven ong steve_nong at pointy.tv
Tue Feb 4 12:17:29 EST 2014

Hi,

IMHO, it's more effective to create environment variables for shots,
versions etc that's global to the network/farm so every machine will
be able to resolve the path/variables properly.

To resolve your issue in the meantime, you can create a string
parameter for the automatically create path and add a button, when
clicked, that will run the python command and set the evaluated path
to the correct parameter with either opparm or hou.Node.parms()

opparm /path/to/node parmName "yourFinalPath"

hou.node('/obj/geo1/file1').parm('file').set("boo")

I'm no python guru (more hscript person) so there are better ways to
do what you want. I'm sure others will chime in.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers!
steven