[Sidefx-houdini-list] Resolving path names

Sandy Sutherland sandy at sunrise.co.za
Tue Feb 4 10:34:49 EST 2014

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for the noob question, but we have just got Houdini
in to the pipeline here and I am trying to get my head around some
issues to submit to the render farm.

Our Lead lighter has setup a nice method for paths that automatically
fills in sections depending on shot,version, output node etc... which
when submitted to the farm causes some chaos.

I want to have a tool that resolves all paths before submitting -will
eventually become part of a submitter tool.

I have found that -

sspath = hou.parm('/out/main/soho_diskfile').eval()
print sspath

gives me a nice usable path - but I am struggling to find how to set
that back to the parm.

Also I would like to iterate through the scene from '/' and find all
paths including cache and texture paths and do the same thing.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to do this?

Many thanks

Cheers

Sandy

--