[Sidefx-houdini-list] Emit smoke from particles H13

Sam Klock klock.sam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:56:05 EST 2014

Assuming the pops are geometry of the smoke object add a gas particle to
field to the last input of pyro. In the first parameter put in your density
field, in the particles parm put "Geometry." Your particles need some sort
of attribute to copy into the density field. This can be as easy as making
a density attr on the particles. In the "Calculation" drop down, change it
to add. If your pyro sim has sim has varying substeps set the source
timescale to "linearly scale multiply" and set the source premult to your
intended density per timestep and multiply it by the FPS.

IF your geometry is not part of your pyro object you will have to copy it
over into your pyro's geometry data. This can be done with a sopsolver.
Jump in the sop solver and object merge in with
"../../:popobject1/Geometry" (replace popobject1 with your particles data
name).

Hope this helps.
Sam