[Sidefx-houdini-list] FLIP to ocean blend strategies

Miles Green miles.green at al.com.au
Mon Feb 3 16:52:52 EST 2014

I think this is the one:

http://ken.museth.org/Publications_files/Budsberg-etal_DigiPro13.pdf

On 04/02/14 08:37, Nick Nimble wrote:
> Hi Xiao,
>
> Any chance you can suggest a url? I've been browsing around on
> www.openvdb.org but I'm unable to find anything that points in the
> direction you suggested.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick, be Nimble
> -- 2014 the year where things become clearer --
> +31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble
>
> On 03/02/14 18:38, zhang xiao wrote:
>> hi, Nick, check out openvdb website, there are some presentations from
>> dreamworks showing how they used openvdb to blending active simulated water
>> surface to the procedural displaced area, may or may not applicable to
>> ocean
>> case. good luck
>> xiao
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Nick Nimble <nick at nicknimble.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm wondering what the general idea is of blending FLIP Ocean simulations,
>>> choppy water directly around a boat, and the sea that stretches until the
>>> horizon.
>>>
>>> My DIY solution is ray projecting the surfaced FLIP particles onto the
>>> ocean and blend at the boundaries between the two positions and normals.
>>> Now I'm wondering, is this the 'best' but above all easiest and bulletproof
>>> solution to the matter?
>>>
>>> Looking forward to your input :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nick, be Nimble
>>> -- 2014 the year where things become clearer --
>>> +31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble

AL Sig

Miles Green
FX Lead

T; Ext 3548
T: +61 2 8310 3548 (direct)
T: +61 2 9383 4800 (main)
F: +61 2 9383 4801 (fax)

Animal Logic

*See our latest work at http://www.animallogic.com/work*

Please think of the environment before printing this email. This email
and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use
the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not
guarantee this email is error or virus free.