[Sidefx-houdini-list] Pop in Dop hittime?

steven ong steve_nong at pointy.tv
Mon Feb 3 15:05:16 EST 2014

Hi Javier,

Here's my attempt at the POP Wrangle based on your VOP POP:

if(f at hittime==0)
    f at firsthit = -1;

if(i at hitnum==1 && f at firsthit==-1)
    f at firsthit = f at hittime;

Thank you for the example hip file.

Cheers!
steven

> Hi,
> and just to complement and test drive these nice ideas, this is the
actual implementation of what Nick suggested.
> I solved with a VOPPOP that contains a couple of  Two-way switches
> make the needed checkings.
> I imagine a POP Wrangle would be more elegant, but this clearly
works
> and I don´t have to fear dreadful syntax errors.
> regards,
> Javier Meroño
>> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 08:43:19 +0100
>> From: nick at nicknimble.com
>> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Pop in Dop hittime?
>> Hi Dominik,
>> Like Francois suggested, I would make a custom attribute that
>> defaults
>> to -1 which means it hasn't been set before. Then you can have a
simple
>> VOPPOP that does a check if the particle has hit/impact values set on
>> this frame, if so you check if your custom attribute equals to -1 (it
>> hasn't been set before), then write the hit/impact value you are
interested in to your custom attribute. Because you have a check
that