[Sidefx-houdini-list] GCC 4.1 with Houdini 13

Guillaume Laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:34:05 EDT 2014

Salut Fred :)

Yes, compiling external stuff with 4.1 is my plan B (badly explained in my
first post). My question was more to validate if it is the only way.
If there is a chance to build the SOP with GCC 4.1 only, it would simplify
the build. I can't explain more why I would like to avoid the GCC mix but
I've got some reasons :).

My feeling is that it is not possible. However when starting Houdini, it
said:

=== gcc compiler versions below 4.4 are deprecated. ===
=== Support will be removed in the next major release. ===

So that means that it is supported in v13 :P. Just want to double check
this fact !

Thanks