[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linux Distro?

Sandy Sutherland sandy at sunrise.co.za
Thu Aug 14 06:36:10 EDT 2014

Houdini seems to be the most safe package of all on pretty much any
Distro - we are running it very happily with absolutely no problems on
Centos 6.5 here - both hescape and hmaster - running fine!

S.

On 08/14/2014 11:44 AM, Paolo Berto wrote:
> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=415&Itemid=269
>
> Out of the recommended ones I use Debian, if you have no experience
> with Linux you might want to use Mint or Ubuntu.
>
> Anyway the good side is that you will immediately benefit of a 6x I/O
> performance boost since the Windows file systems completely sucks :-)
>

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM, judnas <judnas at msn.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>> I am considering to go with Linux over Windows. But I was wondering which linux distro you guys recommend for Houdini FX use?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jonas

*Sandy Sutherland*
CG/Technical Supervisor

--

*Sunrise Productions  *|  *web. *www.sunrise.co.za  *  *tel.* +27 21 702
0817

Please note that all content in this email is strictly confidential and is
not to be distributed, disseminated or dispersed in any way. It is intended
for the recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please
contact us immediately and delete the original.