[Sidefx-houdini-list] HtoA sneak peek at FMX

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Thu Apr 17 10:24:59 EDT 2014

Whilst a lot of that is true, I think the argument goes something like this: Buying unity is a one off cost, I believe Unreal and UDK take a percentage? Long time since I compared them all though so maybe that has changed.

Also Unity is way easy to code in, not sure about Unreal needing less programming skills, I've not used it, but that's not what I heard.

Superior visually, well maybe, not convinced by that either, it all depends on the artists using the tools. Certainly Unity are adding features all the time and AAA games are starting to use it.