[Sidefx-houdini-list] grid gradation

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Apr 16 12:25:55 EDT 2014

Sorry. I should have given more details about the normalize. What I mean
is you have to remap the total width of the incoming geometry into a 0-1
value. You have to tell the fit function what is that value either by
typing directly or promoting a parameter where you put an expression
that reads the bounding box in X to have that automatically calculated
even if you resize the grid.

Try that.
Plug the Global P into a vector to float
Plug the X into a Fit Range. Set the Source Min and Source Max the
coordinate of your grid in X. With a default grid that would be -5 and
5. This is the normalized range. In other words everything exists
between 0 and 1.
Plug this into a Bias Vop and promote the amount parameter for better
interactivity.
Plug the output into a fit that remap from 0,1 to -5,5.
Create a Float to vector node and plug the output of the previous into
the X. Plug the YZ output of the previous Vector to Float Vop in the YZ
of this one.
Plug the ouput into the P on outputt1.

Play with the Bias parameter you promoted. The Bias Vop could be
replaced with a Ramp Vop for better artistic control.

Hope that helps