[Sidefx-houdini-list] (no subject)

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 15:00:11 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for the reply.  I am just looking to use Modo game asset normal maps to rebake new lighting maps in Houdini.

I know that normal maps can be created in a bunch of different ways, but I think at this point there is a pretty standard method that the major modelling packages use so the same real-time game shader can be used in a game engine for assets created from different packages.

I figure if Maya and Max and XSI all can figure this out and get it working years ago, surely Houdini can.  And if Side Effects wants game creators to embrace Houdini it is very necessary.

Now if only baking out light maps were as flexible as in other packages..  :)

Cheers!
-Craig