[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth troubles

Dominik Kirouac dk at shedmtl.com
Tue Apr 1 09:40:24 EDT 2014


I'm not an expert, still learning this new solver. Maybe you can take a 
look at the Doc for this info... I'm not sure it's written. But Volume 
are a sure shot.

But I think FEM use both and volume collision can be more accurate. You 
can also try using VDB for collision, it's faster to compute.

-In your SOP tube geo node, use convert VDB node ( distance VDB and 
change voxel size to get more accurate definition of the volume).

-in you dop static obj node, volume mode to volume sample, you also have 
to set the division size and in proxy volume load you vdb from sop.

*Dominik Kirouac // SHED **
*FX Artist
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E Étage MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>


Le 01/04/2014 9:17 AM, Zoran Arizanovic a écrit :
> thanks Dominic
> is  FEM cloth is using rbd volume representation for collision not bullet
> concave mesh?
> how do i know which modul of dynamics uses bullet and which one not?
>
>
> Zoran Arizanovic
>
> http://zoranarizanovic.blogspot.com/
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/zoran-arizanovic/4/177/295>
> vfx reel : http://vimeo.com/28605448
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2902303/
>
>
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Dominik Kirouac <dk at shedmtl.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Zoran,
>>
>> take a look at your tube static object/collisions/RBD solver/Volume
>>
>> Since you are using the "Use volume based collision detection", you got to
>> give more divisions to your volume to get accurate border detection. Change
>> setting in the surface won't affect the collision until you uncheck the
>> "Use volume based collision detection", btw I think volume collision is
>> better than Surface.
>>
>> You can "show collision guide Geometry to see what the collision really
>> look like.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> *Dominik Kirouac // SHED **
>> *FX Artist
>> 1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E Étage MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
>> T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/>
>>
>>
>> Le 01/04/2014 8:05 AM, Zoran Arizanovic a écrit :
>>
>>> hi
>>> could someone please take a peak at this
>>> it is driving me crazy
>>> http://forums.odforce.net/topic/19822-cloth-penetration/?p=118803
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Zoran Arizanovic
>>>
>>> http://zoranarizanovic.blogspot.com/
>>> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/zoran-arizanovic/4/177/295>
>>>
>>> vfx reel : http://vimeo.com/28605448
>>> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2902303/
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
>> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list
> Sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
> https://lists.sidefx.com:443/mailman/listinfo/sidefx-houdini-list




More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list mailing list