[Sidefx-houdini-list] Group and cap connected lines

Vincent Fortin vfortin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:28:36 EDT 2013

Hi François!

Thanks for the heads up! Here's a pic of the shape whose triangles I'm
trying to fill and the hip file if anyone wants to give it a try:
www.vincentfortin.com/share/shape.gif
www.vincentfortin.com/share/cap_this2.hipnc

One method I've found is to use the Join SOP with "only connected" turned
on. It works on some of the closed shapes but disconnects others at the
same time. Not quite reliable.

You're right, Add SOP is probably the way to go. Only thing I'm missing is
how to group those closed shapes!
As I said this is no typical geometry, it's multiple poly lines merged
together so it's got multiple primitives. Otherwise I'd bet good old
PolyCap would do the work.

Cheers,
Vincent