[Sidefx-houdini-list] Script Solver reading inactive objects

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Sep 18 08:36:47 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I wanted to optimize a simulation that reads some information outside of
dop. I thought about using a script solver with python to avoid using
expressions that are called three times for example on a Motion Dop when
it's a vector. I realized it gives a lot of potential for a clean way to
set any data on dop objects but then I saw the script solver doesn't run
when objects are not active. I'm going to do an RFE to let the script
solver run anytime and let the user read the active state and decide
what he wants.

My question is, will it be really faster to use Python this way instead
of different Motion Dop or Modify Data Dop, and is there a reason why we
don't want to run the solver on inactive objects?

Thanks for your feedbacks.

François