[Sidefx-houdini-list] Tearing cloth in H12.5

Pablo G pablo.ciclopez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:11:09 EDT 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to tear a simple grid geometry using a sphere, like the example
in http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini12.5/howto/tear
But I'm having some problems. The first problem was that the attribute
"enabletearing" is not working anymore but I found in the forums that it
has been replaced by the attribute "fracturethreshold". The other problem
is that this attribute affects edges adjacent to the main tearing edge:
http://s23.postimg.org/w6mp4gzqj/tear.jpg

Is there any way to tear a piece of cloth with a clean cut?

Greetings.
Pablo.