[Sidefx-houdini-list] OpenGL ROP with transparency?

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Fri Nov 22 16:20:26 EST 2013

Anyone know if the OpenGL ROP with Transparency turned on is busted in H13?  (I am running H.13.0.237)

I have a ribbon of geometry with the 'Constant' and "Mantra Surface Builder" material applied to it with a translucent texture. It looks fine in the GL view and renders as expected with Mantra, but when I try to do the OpenGL ROP I can't seem to get the texture to show up at all when I have 'Transparency' checked (in any of the quality settings and any of the "GL Renderer" settings).  Turning it 'off' results in the ribbon showing with

I have tried various combinations of Transparency and "GL Renderer" settings, (as well as other settings), etc. with no luck.  When I turn off "Transparency" the ribbon shows up, but with solid opacity no transparency.

It seems weird that the OpenGL view works fine, but the ROP doesn't.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig