[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra with deep EXR for holdout (from other renderers)

KIYOSHI ABE kiyoabe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 13:24:35 EST 2013

Hi All,

I have a problem with mantra rendering with deep EXR images which were
generated with other renderers for holdout(Houdini 13 on Linux).

Using RAT or deep EXR rendered with "Deep Resolver" : "Deep Camera Map" on
mantra ROP can render images with holdout which I want. I set "Background
Images" on View tab in mantra node to these deep images and turned on
"Background Images as Matte".

Instead of mantra generated deep images, I tried to use Open EXR deep
images from VRay and 3delight for the holdout. However mantra didn't seem
to recognise  them and rendered images "without" holdout.

These images with other renderers have different name channels. I suspected
 this naming issue caused that mantra wasn't able to render with holdout.
So I tried to rename channel names with COP. But COP didn't deal with deep
images, Nuke 7 can not rename channels either. (Nuke7, I couldn't find
"shuffle" for deep images. )

Have anyone had same issue and sorted? Or is there any other reason for
this?

Kind Regards,
Kiyoshi