[Sidefx-houdini-list] Startup method to set frame range

Antoine Durr antoinedurr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:06:20 EST 2013

Hi,
  If you're trying to set up scripts en-masse, I would put a bunch of commands into a script, and then make a shell script that basically does:

setjob foo123
cat "hscript_setup_commands" | hscript blank_hip_file.hip
mv blank_ hip_file.hip foo123_fx_v1.hip

You can call your csh script something like "setup_hip_file.csh".  The 'hscript_setup_commands' file would have something like:

frange $FS $FE

assuming that $FS and $FE are setenv'ed by the setjob command above.

Another approach is to make a main menu entry that resets the frame range. That's handy because if you inherit a file from another shot, you can easily reset the frange to what it's supposed to be.  All that does is look at two env vars anyway!

-- Antoine