[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fast moving smoke?

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Thu Nov 14 12:18:42 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to make a super fast moving object leave a nice smooth smoke trail using Pyro FX smoke- think something like a jet leaving an exhaust trail.

Are there any good hints to make this work reasonably fast without leaving behind discreet puffs or just brute forcing it with DOP substeps?

Also, I think it would be great if Sidefx made a Pyro Shelf tool that works well for fast moving objects since right out of the box none of the tools seem to be able to handle that well.  And it is really hard to find information on the proper way to set container resizing or utilize velocity from the source in an expected manner for fast moving objects

Thanks,
Craig