[Sidefx-houdini-list] HQueue | Writing Custom Submitter

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Sat Nov 9 11:50:32 EST 2013

Hi!

I'm making an attempt to create my own HQueue submitter. One of the
features that I'm looking at is the ability to do 'pickup' render jobs.
A Job has finished and some specific frames have failed for some reason.
Say I want to re render frame 17, 57 and 102, I need to submit a parent
job which has a child job that generates 3 ifd's for those frames and
then 3 other child jobs that render those frames using Mantra.

I hope there is someone on the list who has some experience with this.
For me it would be of great help if I could print/see the final command
that is send from the HQueue render node to the server. This way I could
reverse engineer the system.

I've found that in the Houdini path there is a dir
houdini/scripts/hqueue/hqlib.py and by glancing it it seems the
functionallity of converting a string to frame numbers already exists.

So I wonder: "What happens when the 'render' button on the HQueue render
node is triggered"

Nick, be Nimble
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble