[Sidefx-houdini-list] Enabling normals smoothing on FBX export

Phil Cousins pcousins at microsoft.com
Wed May 15 16:53:04 EDT 2013

Hi Craig,

That is exactly what I am trying to do :)

How would I go about setting my scene up to do this? (I am very very new to Houdini :)). We hit the issue of having to use a UV unwrap node in order to get the UV channels out at all for some scenes but I am not 100% sure how to set this up. Is it just a case of using an "attribPromote" node and specifying "Point->Vertex" for the normal ($N)?

Thanks,

Phil