[Sidefx-houdini-list] Enabling normals smoothing on FBX export

Phil Cousins pcousins at microsoft.com
Wed May 15 14:17:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable normals smoothing when exporting from Houdini into FBX? Its an option in many other packages such as Maya but it doesn't appear to be exposed in Houdini by default.

I am willing to write a plugin for Houdini to get access to the option but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easy way of enabling through a node or some other means :)

Thanks,

Phil