[Sidefx-houdini-list] Autorig generate mocap

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Jul 30 09:39:15 EDT 2013

Hi Jordi,

I think the "Generate Mocap Rig" button is meant go in the other
direction. ie. You import a mocap skeleton, then a mocap rig is created
to match it. This mocap rig is then used to drive the animation rig.
Since the mocap rig is not expected the match the auto rig, there is an
extra mapping process so that the auto rig can be driven by the mocap
rig. There's an example of this process with sample files in the docs
under /character/motioncapture in the embedded help browser.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's anything included to
generate a rig for the mocap studio, so it needs to be manually created,
or the appropriate script written (using mocaprigutils.py for inspiration).

If you want to go the manual route, the bones required by the "Generate
Mocap Rig" button can be found in
$HFS/houdini/python2.6libs/autorig/mocappartmapping.py. Look for the
"mappings" dictionary.

Best Regards,
-Edward