[Sidefx-houdini-list] Equivalent of kill -SEGV pid on windows

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 09:09:52 EDT 2013

Hi Neil,

it's a Linux command that kills a specified process and before doing so
creates a dump of the current state of that process.  (I'm sure there is a
more correct definition somewhere)
In case of Houdini this is particularly handy as you can kill the process
when it stalls but you will have a hip-file with the current state of
affaires when it stalled saved to your drive.

One of the many reasons to use Linux in production IMHO.

cheers
Ron

Ron Schab

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronschab