[Sidefx-houdini-list] Autorig generate mocap

Jordi Bares jordibares at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 04:46:11 EDT 2013

I am using the auto rig for a job and i find myself there are some issues with the documentation and even diving in the python code seems like I am missing something.

When I see the button "Generate Mocap Rg" I am expecting the tool to strip out a bunch of nulls or skeleton rig with the geometry (pre cut?) so I can send it to the motion capture facility with the idea that they will retarget their animation to my skeleton, and when I receive the data it will not require further editing and offsetting in our side.

The documentation is borderline small, but anyway, diving into the code seems the actual button does not do that at all… Seems like it does the job of mapping the incoming FBX data into my skeleton.

Am I wrong? is there any tool to generate the rig for the mocap studio? Let's not forget my clients need to see their character live being captured, not a bunch of points or stick figures moving around.

thx

Jordi Bares
jordi at realisestudio.com