[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using HDK to get a constant parameter on a SOP

Miles Green miles.green at al.com.au
Wed Jul 3 18:34:16 EDT 2013

Hi Harry,
  why not disable the parm in the hdk with:

enableParm("version", off);

there are a few examples in the hdk:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk12.1/_s_o_p___flatten_8_c_source.html#l00089
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk12.1/_s_o_p_2_s_o_p___flatten_8_c-example.html#a26

Miles

On 03/07/13 19:31, Harry Biddle wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been trying to build a SOP in C++ land that has a constant string
> parameter on it---I'm using this to display the version number of the SOP.
>
> I can do this with a PRM_STRING or PRM_LABEL, setting a default on
> compile-time. But it ends up as a node parameter, that gets saved along
> with the scene, and can be overwritten by the user!
>
> Does anybody know if there some kind of a flag that says 'this label is
> constant; its value can never be changed from the default value'?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harry

AL Sig

Miles Green
FX Lead

T; Ext 3548
T: +61 2 835 32378 (direct)
T: +61 2 9383 4800 (main)
F: +61 2 9383 4801 (fax)

Animal Logic

*See our latest work at http://www.animallogic.com/work*

Please think of the environment before printing this email. This email
and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use
the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not
guarantee this email is error or virus free.