[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using HDK to get a constant parameter on a SOP

Harry Biddle hb at dneg.com
Wed Jul 3 05:31:39 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

I've been trying to build a SOP in C++ land that has a constant string
parameter on it---I'm using this to display the version number of the SOP.

I can do this with a PRM_STRING or PRM_LABEL, setting a default on
compile-time. But it ends up as a node parameter, that gets saved along
with the scene, and can be overwritten by the user!

Does anybody know if there some kind of a flag that says 'this label is
constant; its value can never be changed from the default value'?

Thanks,

Harry