[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK on mac os

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Thu Jan 31 10:30:13 EST 2013

On 31/01/2013 10:05 AM, Kirill Lykov wrote:
> I installed free version (probably this is the source of the
> problem) of Houdini.

The HDK comes with Houdini Apprentice as well. Be reminded that you're
still bound to non-commercial usage.

> And I couldn't find a folder "$HFS/toolkit", although it is written
> in the HDK getting started that it should be in the Houdini
> installation directory.

 From the Applications menu, launch Houdini > Houdini Shell.terminal.
You should be able to do "ls $HFS/toolkit" from there. You will also be
able to run hcustom from that shell as well.

On Mac OSX, Houdini is installed into the recommended standard location
of /Library/Frameworks (as Houdini.framework).

Best Regards,
-Edward