[Sidefx-houdini-list] Was: Coding for Hou in Sublime Text. Now: PyQt

Gene Crucean emailgeneonthelist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:38:44 EST 2013

Sorry for all the emails today :(

Would someone mind showing me what kind of noob mistake I'm making with
this simple setup? The main difference between this version and the example
from the docs (which works fine, though loaded from a shelf tool... not a
module) is that this one uses uic to load the interface.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/403879/SimplePyQtWindow.zip

So I know this is wrong but I'm running this from the python shell simply
with "import foo" (I'm more of a C++ / Objective-C guy hehe)

And I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "\\te\trs\PluginRepo\houdini12.1\pythonModules\foo.py", line 21, in
<module>
    form_class, base_class = uic.loadUiType(uiPath)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.185\python26\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\__init__.py",
line 200, in loadUiType
    winfo = compiler.UICompiler().compileUi(uifile, code_string,
from_imports)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.185\python26\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\Compiler\compiler.py",
line 119, in compileUi
    w = self.parse(input_stream)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.185\python26\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\uiparser.py",
line 871, in parse
    document = parse(filename)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.185\python26\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py",
line 862, in parse
    tree.parse(source, parser)
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.185\python26\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py",
line 579, in parse
    source = open(source, "rb")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './ui/MainWindow.ui'