[Sidefx-houdini-list] HQueue 'paster' process at 100%
rvinluan at sidefx.com
Tue Jan 29 11:23:26 EST 2013
The 'paster' process *is* the HQueue server so if you kill paster, you
shutdown the server.
You have a couple of options:
1) Recover the system.
- To do that, you need to first shutdown the server, shutdown all the
clients and close all web browser windows that are viewing the HQueue
- Then restart only the server. The paster process will initially peak
at 100% as it tries to recover and load all the active jobs from the
database. Wait until the process has settled down and its percentage
- Open a web browser window and navigate to HQueue.
- Check the box beside the 6000 frame job and click Cancel. Once the
job has been moved to the bottom table, then check it again and click on
- Now that the large job has been cleared, restart the HQueue clients.
2) Start with a clean system and new database.
- Shut down the server, clients and any web browser windows connected to
- On the server machine, temporarily rename the database file in
- Then recreate the database with these 2 commands:
- Start the HQueue server.
- Restart the HQueue clients or re-add them through the HQueue web
Once your system is up and running again, I suggest breaking up your
6000 frame job into batches of say 300, or 500 frames. HQueue will be
able to better handle the job when it is broken up in pieces.
Anyway, I hope this helps.
On 13-01-29 10:53 AM, Nick Nimble wrote:
> I hope there is someone who can help me out. I'm in the middle of a
> crunch and HQueue stopped working.
> If I login on te server that runs HQ then in 'top' it show a process
> 'paster' at 100%. I've tried to kill the process and do a reboot, but
> as soon as the machine comes back online the paster process is there.
> The paster process seems to be directly related to the hqserver
> because when I stop the server the process is gone, when I start
> hqserver its back.
> Do you have any suggestions how I can resolve this? It is ok to lose
> the current render job. I just want the server to respond and except
> new jobs. I run Ubuntu 12.04lts on all machines.
> Can I delete any cache files of some sort? Last night I submitted a
> job of 6000 frames, 2 output drivers in stereo and due to an mistake
> on my end all the frames we're rendering black and within 30 -45sec a
> frame. To me it seems likely that something overrun, like the db?
> I've tried to rename the database file and create a new one with
> ./bin/paster setup-app hqserver.ini but it returns:
> /opt/hqueue/bin/python2.6-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No Such file or
> If you feel like saving the day, this is your opportunity ;-)
More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list