[Sidefx-houdini-list] HQueue 'paster' process at 100%

Robert Vinluan rvinluan at sidefx.com
Tue Jan 29 11:23:26 EST 2013

Hi Nick,

The 'paster' process *is* the HQueue server so if you kill paster, you
shutdown the server.

You have a couple of options:
1) Recover the system.
- To do that, you need to first shutdown the server, shutdown all the
clients and close all web browser windows that are viewing the HQueue
web interface.
- Then restart only the server.  The paster process will initially peak
at 100% as it tries to recover and load all the active jobs from the
database.  Wait until the process has settled down and its percentage
has dropped.
- Open a web browser window and navigate to HQueue.
- Check the box beside the 6000 frame job and click Cancel.  Once the
job has been moved to the bottom table, then check it again and click on
Delete.
- Now that the large job has been cleared, restart the HQueue clients.
2) Start with a clean system and new database.
- Shut down the server, clients and any web browser windows connected to
HQueue.
- On the server machine, temporarily rename the database file in
/opt/hqueue/db/hqserver.db
- Then recreate the database with these 2 commands:
     cd /opt/hqueue
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hqueue/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ./bin/paster
setup-app hqserver.ini
- Start the HQueue server.
- Restart the HQueue clients or re-add them through the HQueue web
interface.

Once your system is up and running again, I suggest breaking up your
6000 frame job into batches of say 300, or 500 frames. HQueue will be
able to better handle the job when it is broken up in pieces.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob