[Sidefx-houdini-list] HQueue 'paster' process at 100%

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Tue Jan 29 10:53:03 EST 2013

Hi,

I hope there is someone who can help me out. I'm in the middle of a
crunch and HQueue stopped working.

If I login on te server that runs HQ then in 'top' it show a process
'paster' at 100%. I've tried to kill the process and do a reboot, but as
soon as the machine comes back online the paster process is there. The
paster process seems to be directly related to the hqserver because when
I stop the server the process is gone, when I start hqserver its back.

Do you have any suggestions how I can resolve this? It is ok to lose the
current render job. I just want the server to respond and except new
jobs. I run Ubuntu 12.04lts on all machines.

Can I delete any cache files of some sort? Last night I submitted a job
of 6000 frames, 2 output drivers in stereo and due to an mistake on my
end all the frames we're rendering black and within 30 -45sec a frame.
To me it seems likely that something overrun, like the db?

I've tried to rename the database file and create a new one with
./bin/paster setup-app hqserver.ini but it returns:
/opt/hqueue/bin/python2.6-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No Such file or
directory

If you feel like saving the day, this is your opportunity ;-)

Nick, be Nimble
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble