[Sidefx-houdini-list] [Mantra 12.x] command line -V2+a crashes randomly Mantra on CentOS?

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:04:15 EST 2013

Hi everyone,
Have any one here noticed this strange behavior of Mantra 12. and 12.1: on
our CentOS 6.2 it crashes in about 5-10% cases at the very start of the
rendering just after Mantra launch:

stdout:
mantra Version 12.1.185 (Compiled on 01/09/13")
.. and crash...

- this happens only for verbosity level above 2[a] specified by -V option.
- this doesn't happen with "ray_property renderer verbose 5" inside ifd
file.
- this happens in different builds across 12.0 and 12.1 including newest
production build 185

I'm testing only production scenes with lots of deep rasters (17+), but not
many textures nor geometries. It's completely random, 3 to 10 frames per
117 long sequence always on different machines. It also seems like -V2a
works just fine, but -V3a crashes... weird...

It might be helpful if any someone else would confirm it. It seems like a
scene has to be a real one, with some stuff inside ifds, not just sphere,
but I'm not sure of that... also, as I said it's just 5-10% of frames.

thanks,
skk.